Malachi Rempen: Jack of Trades

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Wrap on "Corner Store!"

On Sunday morning, July 6th, we wrapped production on The Corner Store, after four long night shoots.

This film was part of the Korean exchange program in which I participated. The experience was very rewarding - it allowed me to work on 35mm film, to build characters and scenes with the actors and DP on a much more fluid level than ever before, and of course, I got to go to South Korea. Tonight the Koreans, many of which are now good friends of ours, depart for Seoul, and the long post-production process will begin.

I hope to have photos and a new page up soon!

And, of course, The Silver Lincoln is still in the twilight hours of post-production. Brian Andrews, the composer, has been working diligently on perfecting the score for the film. When that's complete, we'll see it up here.

There is some bad news. Turns out that Zia Films is already a functioning movie production company in Los Angeles. This means that I will have to dream up some other production company to work under. I suppose that's just as well, though I'm not sure why.