Malachi Rempen: Jack of Trades

Friday, January 30, 2009

"La Nina" is Cast; Now on IMDB!

Thanks mostly to the tireless work of my casting director, Cambria Hankin (who I'm plugging not so you'll be impressed with me, but rather with her, and be inspired to hire her), La Nina del Desierto has been completely cast!

Joaquin Garrido as Javier Martinez, and Misha Gonz-Cirkl as Maria

Baxter Smith as Costa, Javier's boss, and Dani-Rose Gonzalez as La Nina

In addition to the above, I've also cast Mitch Yapko ("Thomas" from Variations on the Death of Gerald) and Robert Benny ("Lokesh" from The Silver Lincoln) as two of Costa's goons. I always like working again with friends.

I'm really excited to start going now. I've also been working hard on props recently, gathering all manner of beat-up gravedigging paraphernalia. It's fun.

But in infinitely more awesome news, two of my films, along with most of the crews for those movies, are now up on IMDB! Apparantly being considered for inclusion in NFFTY (National Film Festival for Talented Youth) was good enough for IMDB. So check out The Silver Lincoln and Ragtime Ballad, along with pages for my good friends Boa Simon, Brian Andrews, Daniel McLellan, and myself.