Malachi Rempen: Jack of Trades

Friday, November 26, 2010

Wyoming? Wy not?

In a few days I'll be flying out to speak with a community high school in Jackson, Wyoming. A local there saw my film La Nina del Desierto at the Reno Film Festival, where it won the Best Short Film award. She invited me to come speak to the students there.

And of course the Jackson blogosphere is already overloading with excitement and anticipation:


Well, I don't know about overloading, but I'll at least receive a cup of hot chocolate on my way in. And while I'd hate to saturate Jackson with too much Los Angeles irony, I hope they're aware that the photo and title "filmmaker extraordinaire" are tongue-in-cheek. I don't want them thinking some ego with legs and a cigar is going to walk in and yap about his important opinions and timeless oeuvre.

That costs extra.

If you haven't already seen it, you should head over to Danger! Relax, Please! and watch episode 2. And turn up your speakers, this isn't some artsy photogenic exploration of an old gravedigger's soul set to lonely acoustic guitar. This is entertainment, dammit.